Monday, May 2, 2011

Buff on a Budget

Josh (the partner), on reading my blog on motivation, came up with the idea that I 'coach' him into getting buff and blog about it. Killing two birds with one stone, he says.
So I say, 'that means you would have to do everything I say'. He pretty much agreed.

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to personal training but seeing as that's what I want to do next then it will be good to get some practise. Buff on a Budget is a structure I've made up of 5 x 30 minute sessions a week, without buying weights or going to the gym or any fancy supplements (only whey protein concentrate powder).

Last night I took some measurements like biceps, forearms and manboobs and recorded them, so each fortnight we will re-measure and see if we've gotten anywhere.

Tonight was our first training session. It involved high intensity interval training (HIIT) using mountain climbers, burpees, and boxing bag (which we already had at home). We also did weighted sit ups, push ups, chair lifts and reverse crunches. The sit ups and push ups he did as many as he could in a minute, which was 16 and 12 respectively, so he obviously has a long way to go.

We'll keep you posted on progress!
Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment