Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just Do What You Want, As Long As It's Real.

Hello everybody!
Today's title is taken from a Lily Allen song 'Take What You Take'. I thought it was appropriate, because this is a post confessing
I'm not vegan anymore!

Am I happy about this? Not necessarily.
Have I gone out and stuffed myself full of cheese and milkshakes since? Nope. Although I have had some of both.

I figure, like the oh-so-wise Lily, just do what you want, as long as it's real. As long as it's what I want to do and I'm not eating something just because I feel pressured into it. I can still eat vegan if I want to, but I can eat non-vegan as well. I don't really want to eat meat, so I won't. But if the mood takes me, I might have some free range Tasmanian meats. We'll see where the mood takes me.

What I DO care about is my poor little I-think-I-can, I-think-I-can thyroid, who needs some help. I ate too many foods bad for the thyroid during my veganism (mainly soy and veggies from the brassica family) and it's taken it's toll.

I've been thinking about starting a food diary again. I find it really interesting/inspiring to write down everything I eat, and I like to look over it semi-objectively and see what looks healthy and what doesn't. I haven't done it for a while, in fact the last entry I seem to be able to find is from 29th of May 2011. Wanna see the entry?

Breakfast: Organic weetbix with chia seeds and rapadura sugar and a little bit of fat free organic milk. Milo
Lunch: A small serve of lasagne with a lot of green salad and a bowl of trifle
Dinner: Potato, spinach and pea curry.
Snacks: Some home made 'healthy' chocolate, 2 cups of tea (one black), 2 bird biscuits
Copy and pasted straight up. I'd rate that a B minus. Lasagne AND trifle? What a pig. Bonus points for dinner though. I'll just classify now that 'bird biscuits' are what I call bikkies like Arnotts Milk or Arrowroot, because they get fed to the birds as well!

If you haven't ever kept a food diary before, give it a try for a couple of weeks! You might be surprised what you see when it's all laid bare.

Take care amigos.

Jac.


No comments:

Post a Comment